Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Up and Down

I don't know what else to call it.  I'm not quite depressed but I'm not quite not depressed either.  Life is work and sleep with very little play.  Maybe I am depressed because I am sleeping so much and I've got little interest in things that used to interest me.  I don't know.
 
I'm extremely frustrated and not handling the stress of my new job very well.  I wish I could be one of those nice people who doesn't have the dominant urge to put her foot down.  It would make my life here at work SO much easier.  It's not easy going from a job where I had to be that person to a job where I'm not allowed to be that person.  I'm not transitioning well.  At least I don't feel that I am.
 
I can't seem to set a routine for myself.  I sleep between 8 and 12 hours every day.  I don't want to get out of bed until I have to.  There's nothing that I want to do and I feel exhausted and sleepy all the time.  I can see now that even though I'm not a morning person (read would gladly beat the alarm into submission if it didn't mean I'd have to get a new one) first shift was actually healthier for me to work.  I actually was motivated to exercise and do household chores, etc.
 
It's too late now though, I'm not going to try job hopping, I've been here a bit over a month.  I will bide my time and try to work it out in the meantime.

No comments: