Wednesday, May 09, 2007

SM as Relaxtion and Calming Aid

As an effort to keep the M/s active in our relationship and to help maintain my head space, Master promised to give me "collar time" every night, if possible. What this means is he puts the collar on me each evening and I wear it while wearing nothing else in our bedroom. We may have sex, we may do SM, or I may just service him orally. Whatever we do it's been set aside as Master/slave time, even if all we do is cuddle and talk. I am really enjoying this new ritual and I think it's good for both of us. He seems to be exerting more control over me than he was and I'm feeling happier.

I've learned something new!. SM can be used as a calming aid or as a tool for relaxation. Okay, so it's not new, but it's new to me.

Yesterday I was extremely upset over something that had happened at a store. I was livid, embarrassed, ashamed, and disappointed that I'd let our youngest down. Granted, it wasn't something I had control over at the time, I still felt as if I'd let her down and disappointed her. No worries, it was nothing illegal and nothing I'd actually done.
I immediately set to trying to sort the issue out over the phone. When I got home I was still on the phone, by the time I finished that call I was angrier because the answers I got were vague and noncommittal. I made another call and yet again, more vague and noncommittal answers telling me I had to call yet another number. I couldn't make that call because it was after office hours by that time. I did, however, call another store where this problem originated and supposedly they're researching it and will get back to me. I didn't feel as if my problem was going to be resolved and I still don't. I was still upset after making those calls and needed some time to try to calm down. I wasn't able to be friendly and chatty, I wanted to sit and brood about the problem.

He saw that I wasn't calming down as quickly as he'd have liked me to so he ordered me upstairs. Once I got up there I was ordered to present my bare bottom. I thought I was going to be punished for sure despite my trying to maintain a respectful tone with him. Instead he spanked and punched my bottom and thighs, using SM to calm and relax me. It lasted maybe 5 minutes but it was enough to switch gears in my brain. It turned me on too. *grins*

The only other time he has used SM like that was when I needed an attitude adjustment. It was done as punishment then so I've never really thought of it as being an effective tool for relaxation and calming. I'm thankful he thought of it. I did need a quick change of attitude and wasn't able to get to it on my own. That's one of my personal pitfalls, I'm too emotionally charged and my emotions get away from me too quickly. They build on each other, growing until it's all out of proportion. I'm learning to control them and sometimes I'm successful, I just wasn't last night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read some where about two years ago about spank therapy and i tell ya sis it WORKS. Don't you agree? I'm so calm afterwards it's truly amazing.
Big Hugs

Anonymous said...

My Master has also used spanking as a way of helping me to center myself, or to help me return my focus to what it should be -- Him. But then, there are times when He uses sex for the same purpose. i recall one particular night, before we were together, when i was on the phone with me and He could tell i was upset. i heard a big sigh from His end, and then He said, "Strip!" He then proceeded to talk me through some amazing phone sex. And it worked, i was able to put what worried me into perspective and deal with it in a more sane manner.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day!