Sunday, July 10, 2011

Weddings

Yesterday was my first wedding officiated on my own.  It was my sister and her husband's vow renewal.  I was SO scared Friday night that I flew right into a nasty panic attack and had to give in and take some medication for it.

Yesterday before the wedding I was so amped I was running around in circles, my thoughts were doing the same.  I was trying to get ready AND get my altar things together for the ceremony.  They (she) chose a Pagan handfasting wedding instead and I was determined to have everything ready so the wedding was perfect.
I made it all the way through the ceremony until the last two sentences before I started crying.  I'm proud of myself for getting through it that well.  I was afraid I would have started sooner.  I got a few compliments for my part.  That made me feel like an actual Priestess rather than some goober trying to perform a ceremony she isn't qualified to perform any ceremony.

I was honored to be asked to officiate their ceremony.

No comments: