Saturday, July 08, 2006

Really Doing It

You know, I've talked a big talk in the past about getting healthier. I've even made half-hearted attempts. And yes, over the past 8 years or so I had lost about 25 pounds. BUT, in the past month or so I've lost about 11 pounds. I just lost three of those pounds over the last week. I'm proud of myself for staying motivated and sticking to it. I can see visible results now, not only the numbers on the scale but in my jawline and my chin. Things are becoming less rounded and more defined and it's exciting. It's almost like watching a painting or a sculpture take form, I can't wait to see what the finished product will look like.

Master says he's noticing the changes too and it feels so good to hear that, to know that I'm not imagining things with too much wishful thinking.

The key to these results? Exercise. Who'd've thought it eh? I've been getting out and swimming for a half hour as often as I can. The only downside to losing weight? My clothes are getting loose and I think I'm between sizes so buying new clothes just isn't an option yet.

After years of wanting to be thinner, healthier, etc., I've finally found the right mindset for it. I finally want to do it and I want to do it for me. I want to FEEL better, I want to have more energy, I want to have less pain, and I want to be able to serve Master better.

I'm really proud of myself for actually doing it this time, for sticking to it, and for continuing to make the effort.

No comments: