Sunday, December 28, 2003

In sickness and...

Master is sick today, he's got influenza and possibly bronchitis. The doctor told him if he'd had a flu shot he would only feel like he had a cold right now.

I can't help but say "I told you so" because I suggested several times that he should get one. I get one every year, thanks to asthma it's a necessity and this year I'm very thankful I do. I'm betting that next year he'll go right along with me to get a flu shot for himself.

I've been working extra hard to help him feel comfortable and to take care of him. After seeing the condition he was in this morning I shifted into "mom" mode and asked him "Will you be needing a shower before you go to the doctor?" He wouldn't have gone had I not insisted. He doesn't take good care of himself, that's where I come in. I make sure he's taken care of, it's my job.

I need to recharge my batteries now else I'll be cranky when he wakes from his nap.