Saturday, September 11, 2004

The ups and downs

This has been a hectic week as far as my health goes. Monday I was feeling good, my back pain was under control. Then I woke up Tuesday with the familiar twinges of a urinary tract infection. I get them so often I should have a standing prescription for antibiotics.
By Thursday the infection was improving thanks to modern medicine but just as I was getting into the shower before PT I pulled something in my back and re-injured it a bit. *sigh*

So, I'm coping with renewed back pain and a resolving UTI and then Friday I wake up with a weird rash on my cheeks. I am sorely tempted to scream "WHAT NEXT?!!" but I know better, that's just tempting fate.

I'm afraid the rash is a sign that I'm becoming allergic to the Cephalexin I'm taking, and have taken for the last two UTI’s. I keep building my list of drugs I'm allergic to, before long there won't be anything I can take to cure my stupid infections. It's a scary prospect.

I'm unhappy about the rash, I feel very ugly right now, it's a red rash with an odd texture and little white pimples in it. It's just disgusting looking. I see the doc on Monday so we'll see, it might not be an allergic reaction at all, it might just be some new condition sent to plague me. *grumbles*

We did have a nice night out last night. Master invited m'Lady over for a steak dinner and then we went to see Suspect Zero. We ended up having a bit of a disagreement at the ticket window though. For some reason Master had the idea that we were seeing Hero. He disavowed any memory of discussing seeing Suspect Zero though we did. It makes me so angry when he doesn't remember things we've discussed because he will then declare I'm wrong just because he doesn't remember it. It doesn't happen a lot but frequently enough that it is very frustrating.

I had enough of having my memory questioned as I grew up. There's nothing quite as upsetting as having your mother tell you that you remember things wrong when you know full-well that things happened exactly as you remembered them. So when Master does the same thing it makes me feel angry, it makes me feel like a little kid too. I get very defensive and I either shut down or I argue. Neither are appropriate behaviors, they're defense mechanisms that have yet to be defused.

Instead of arguing I should have been more diplomatic. I'm sure it doesn't feel good to not remember a discussion that others remember. I wish I could be this clear-headed and insightful in the middle of a situation instead of afterwards. What good is hindsight?

I am embarrassed about my behavior last night. I'm sorry Master.