Monday, October 06, 2008

Awesome Weekend!

This weekend was one of the best I've had in quite a while.  I had things planned and they (mostly) involved being home and doing some projects.  Instead I wasn't home much at all and didn't get the projects done but I did have a great time.
 
Friday night was a home night, a girls' night in with old episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV show.  I think my favorite episode has to be the one titled "Wishes" where Xander and Willow are vampires... there is one scene in particular that gets my motor revving.  Xander stands behind a girl and bites one side of her neck, then Willow comes in from the front of the girl on the other side of the neck and as they feed Xander wraps his hands in Willow's hair.  (fanning self) that is just hot hot hot!
 
Saturday I spent time with our local kink group, got to meet a new member and chatted up friends and got some really good squishy feel good hugs.  Then I picked up HRS and we went to the mall.  First stop Teavana!  OMG!  If you're a tea lover it's definitely the place to go.  They've got a Web site http://www.teavana.com and it's spectacular.  I got to try two teas I'd never had before and I just have to say, loose tea beats the crap out of any bagged tea I've tried so far.  I oohed and ahhed over all the gorgeous teapots and teacups and the sake sets.  I found a book that is a serious wish list item.  It has step-by-step instructions on how to perform Chado, the Japanese Tea Ceremony.  I've been searching for just such a book for YEARS!  Now I've found it, yay!!!  I told HRS to tell LMR (Little Miss Raincloud) that if she's looking for holiday gift ideas I wouldn't be averse to gift cards to Teavana. (grins)
 
Saturday evening was spent watching movies with HRS and Master, we watched Run Fatboy Run, if you're into British comedy and/or Simon Peg it's a good movie.  It was hilarious and sweet at the same time.  We're big fans of Brit comedy and I'm a major fan of Brit programs like Doctor Who, Hotel Babylon, and Red Dwarf.  So now you know my geek side.
 
Saturday night Master and I went to bed sort of early and boy am I glad we did.  He got out the cupping set and covered my back with them and then the real fun began.  It was a wonderful way to spend the evening and I was goofy happy that he chose to play with me and made the time to do so.  The sex was great too. ;-)  We rarely have just 'us' time these days.  During the week we're both so freaking worn out from working, plus he works overnights so our schedules never mesh, that the last thing we're thinking of is any kind of SM play.  Sex is generally for his pleasure (and I'm NOT complaining about that-I love it) but we don't have the time to spend enjoying each other that we'd like to have.  Weekends are usually time for both of us to vegetate and recover for the coming work-week.  I really wish Master could get some regular exercise, I think he'd feel a LOT better and have more energy.  I know I've felt a bit better since beginning to walk on my breaks again.  Sure I'm worn out but I don't feel dead at the end of a work day like I had been feeling.
 
Sunday was fun, it was a girls' day out.  HRS and I went to the Pride parade and Pride Fest and we had lots of fun.  I saw a couple of friends in the parade and at the Fest and got to introduce them to HRS.  HRS and I enjoyed some shows from a locally famous Drag Queen and an excellent Prince impersonator.  It was one of the first times I didn't feel self-conscious, I was dancing and singing along and just having fun.  Poor HRS (who is a bit introverted and shy) was a little embarrassed by Mom's dancing.  Hey, I never said I was good. lol
 
When we got home we had dinner and watched tv as a family.  It was nice.  I got to bed early and made decent time with my morning routine.
 
Master has been working on getting into a routine schedule so he can be awake in the evenings with us.  I've really enjoyed it a LOT.  I've missed spending time with him and HRS as a family.

No comments: