Friday, December 30, 2005

The Plan


This is my weight loss/getting fit plan. I think it's realistic but only time will tell if it's really doable. I've got just a wee bit of weight to lose so it's entirely possible that it will take me all of 2006 and part of 2007. But, until I get started I really don't know anything for certain.

You'll see that I've included some checks and balances that will help to keep me accountable, not only to myself but to Master. If I were only accountable to myself I'd give myself too many "freebies" and I'd get nowhere. I'm not the best taskmaster for myself. lol

So, without further gilding the lily (I love that phrase) here is my plan and you'll soon see why I called it the Anal Retentive Approach to Weight Loss. *grins*


Joy’s Short Term Weight Loss Goals

Lose 10 lbs by March 1, 2006

Steps to achieve this goal

1. Do Pilates at least 20 minutes per day 3 times per week.
2. Reduce sweets intake to once a week or less.
3. Reduce portion sizes by half or more depending on the dish.
4. Eat healthy snacks between meals to reduce hunger pangs and control cravings.
5. Drink at least 3 8oz. glasses of water per day.
6. Include at least two servings of dairy in my diet daily.
7. Make a daily “To Do” list that includes the day’s exercise which must be checked off before leaving the house for work, etc. Lists must be shown to The Boss each day. NO CHEATING.
8. Weigh-in/measure once a week and record it.

Lose 10 lbs by May 1, 2006

Steps to achieve this goal

1. Begin Walk Away The Pounds DVD program at least 20 minutes per day 3 times per week.
2. Continue Pilates at least 20 minutes per day 2-3 times per week.
3. Continue with healthy eating habits.
4. Increase water intake by 1-2 8oz glasses per day.
5. Continue to make daily “To Do” lists that contain the day’s exercise to be checked off before leaving for work, etc. List must be shown to The Boss each day.
6. Continue with weekly weigh-in/measurement report once a week.

Lose 10 lbs by July 1, 2006

Steps to achieve this goal

1. Begin Tribal Fusion Belly Dance DVD program at least 20 minutes per day 2-3 times per week. Possibly alternating belly dance and walking from week to week.
2. Continue Pilates at least 20 minutes per day 2-3 times per week.
3. Continue Walk Away The Pounds program at least 20 minutes per day 2-3 times per week.
4. Increase water intake by 1-2 8oz. glasses per day.
5. Continue with healthy eating habits.
6. Continue writing daily “To Do” lists including the day’s exercise to be checked off before leaving for work, etc. List must be shown to The Boss each day.


Joy’s Long Term Weight Loss Goals

Lose 60 lbs by January 1, 2007

Steps to achieve this goal

1. Begin exercise-Pilates-by January 3, 2006 and continue to do it at least 20 minutes per day 3 times per week.
2. Reduce portion sizes by half and reduce sweets intake to once a week or less.
3. Increase water intake to 3 8oz glasses per day, working up to 8, 8 oz. glasses per day.
4. By March 1, 2006 include Walk Away The Pounds program in exercise regimen. 20 minutes per day 2-3 times per week. Continue Pilates.
5. By March 1, 2006 increase water intake by 1-2 8oz. glasses per day and continue healthy eating habits.
6. By May 1, 2006 include Tribal Fusion Belly Dance program as part of exercise regimen-continuing Pilates and Walk Away The Pounds.
7. Continue healthy eating habits and increase water intake by 1-2 8oz. glasses per day.
8. Continue writing daily “To Do” lists including the day’s exercise to be checked off before leaving for work, etc. Lists must be shown to The Boss daily. NO CHEATING.
9. Increase duration and intensity of exercise as tolerated and as needed to continue steady weight loss improved physical fitness.

No comments: