Thursday, April 29, 2004

Focus

Focus, focus, who has the focus?

Master should but lately I've focused on myself, whining when he wants to use my body, complaining that I haven't had pleasure for several days; grumping when I have to get up to get him something; and even complaining when he leaves lights on behind him for me to turn off.

Last night I was lightly stroking Master's back as we lay in bed. He told me I'd made it itch and that I needed to rub some lotion into it because his skin was dry. I was a little grumpy about it but complied. Then something happened, I don't know what exactly but a feeling came over me and I proceeded to give him a very good rub down from neck to ankles. His back has been hurting as have his legs. I hoped to help relieve some of the aches. I'm not sure if I accomplished that or if I made it worse because the muscles are so tight. At the very least I moisturized his back and legs like gangbusters. While I was doing it my whole focus was on making him feel better. It was similar to being in "the zone" when I'm writing. It felt good and right.

Today I was reading posts on LE and the bootblacking forum I just joined, the depth of service and focus on service that some of these people have leaves me in awe. Today I aspire to be more focused on service to Master.