Friday, April 30, 2004

A rant

It never ceases to amaze me how a group of people can be so arrogant as to believe that their way is the only way and that any other is just plain wrong.

Sometimes I get tired of people being sad for me or concerned about my soul because I don't live or believe the way they do. It makes me weary, this sadness and concern on my behalf that is really unnecessary. Of course then the argument would be that I am blind and have lost my way and that's why I think it's unnecessary. *sigh* It’s a circular argument really and one that cannot be reasoned with. It reminds me of when I was a teenager and my mother was in the process of trying to have me committed. She and the psychiatrist, who only spent 10 minutes with me talking about the weather, tried to convince the judge that I was suicidal. I wasn't suicidal, not in the least, but I couldn't make my mother or that psychiatrist listen to me because their minds were made up. I was a teenager, I'd tried *gasp* drugs, and I wasn't listening to my mother, I must be suicidal. A+B does not always equal C, sometimes it equals D or even F.

For once I wish people could be happy for me just because I'm happy. Be happy that I'm living and growing as a person. Be happy that I'm loved and that I love in return. You don't have to understand the choices I've made in order to be happy for me. You don't even have to like them. If you want to be a part of my life you do have to accept that they're my choices to make. I don't ask for anything I'm not willing to give in return.

I think life would be a lot less complicated and there would be a lot more happy people in the world if we could quit worrying about what the other person is doing or isn't doing. Y'know? Of course, I'm an idealist at heart and a hopeless romantic too. What that means is if all of that weren't tempered with a bit of realism and cynicism I'd be one disappointed little girl.

So, on this eve of Beltane, I'm going to focus on what's important to me; Life, Love, and Happiness. The rest will sort itself out later.

Namaste!