Thursday, March 24, 2005

Service and slavery

I find it slightly ironic that I'm where I'm at today and that I'm having the desires for and taking pride in serving and being of use.

Once upon a time I was this independent woman who didn't need any man for any thing. I wouldn't trust a man nor would I do anything a man would ask me to do. I was a regular man hater for a long time.

Now, here I am today, 18 years into a relationship with a man, a very male man, and I'm as giddy as a school girl just because I get to shave his face.

If someone asked me six years ago if I would consider myself a service submissive or if I thought I'd become a slave I would have laughed and given a very emphatic "no". It's funny how things change and how people evolve, sometimes into the very thing that they vowed they'd never become.

As I was leading last night's sub forum, I felt very deeply inside myself a huge sense of pride in being of service to my Master. We were talking about service and improving service.

I need to be of use and most importantly I need to be of use to him. Lately I have been searching for new skills that I can learn that would be useful to him. I've been bouncing ideas off of him in hopes of finding things that he might want me to learn. I guess it'd be a lot simpler if I'd just ask him if there are any skills or services that he'd like me to learn.

I feel like I'm growing as a person and learning to live authentically through my enslavement to Master.