Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Back to school

On the eve of my return to school I am wakeful and thoughts race through my head at breakneck speed.

One thing that never seems to change, child or adult, the night before the first day of school is one filled with some anxiety. "Will they like me?" "Will I do well?" Some of the thoughts are the same and some are new, such as "Should I shower before or after I take Master to work?"

I'm disappointed that I didn't get anywhere to pick up cool stickers for my notebook. Call me crazy but having a sparkly sticker or two on my notebook just makes me feel better.

I'm sure tomorrow will go well and I'll have a head full of new things. That's the best part of going to school. It's really funny to hear myself think that now. I was an average student at best through elementary and middle school, in high school I was a slacker; but in college? I excel. It just goes to show, it's never too late to be a good student.