Monday, February 28, 2005

Being of use

Yesterday Master told me something that made me feel very good. We had a couple of S&M sessions over the weekend and he told me that they helped ease the stress of his new work project.

There have been days when I haven't been able to do much and on those days I don't feel very useful, in fact I feel very useless, however, I read an article about serving when you're ill today in a new e-newsletter called SimplyService that has given me much to think about.

The writer wrote about taking care of oneself as an act of service. Specifically he mentioned things like hot soaks to ease painful muscles being acts of service.

Honestly, the only time I've ever been that mindful about a bath is when I was preparing myself for ritual. I think I would like to incorporate some of that mindfulness into my life and my service. Perhaps then I might be able to let go of the wonder woman routine that plays over and over in my head. I don't do everything but I sure feel like I should and I kick myself when I don't or worse, when I can't.