Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Surgery

Or something similar. I'm scheduled to have the nucleoplasty procedure in about two weeks. Nervous? Yeah. Eager? You betcha! I'm looking forward to being "fixed" finally. I want to get back to "normal" and most importantly, I want to stop hurting so often. It'd be nice to be able to go grocery shopping and not have to slow down to a snail's pace because of the pain.

There are risks, of course. Any surgical procedure brings the risk of infection with it. This one also has the risk of damage to the nerve roots that are near the disc. That's a scary prospect but so is having my condition degenerate until I'm bedridden with the pain. If I have to go down I'm going down fighting. I'm going to try every available option.

I have faith in my doctor and I have faith that I will heal.