Thursday, July 14, 2005

Interview Update

Well, I had my first interview today. I think the interview went really well. I just relaxed and chatted the interviewer up as if he were just a regular person and not the person who could keep me from getting the job. I let my typing skills and my education do the selling.

So, now I have to pass a background check. If I pass that they'll likely call me back for a second interview and a physical. The physical includes testing for repetitive motion injuries. If mine show up, they won't hire me. Yes, I know it's unethical to not mention that I'd been diagnosed with tendonitis in the past but a.) it's a temp job and b.) I don't intend to make a career of it even if they did decide they wanted to keep me.

So, I'm just keeping the crossables crossed that since the tendonitis hasn't really flared up in quite some time, that it won't show up during the test. Oh, and that they get the answers they want from my background/reference check.

I'm tired of feeling bad for not being able to work. I'm tired of feeling useless.

No comments: