Monday, January 03, 2005

Daily stuff

I saw the pain doc today. It was a good visit. I shared my concerns about the medication I'm on and had my worries laid to rest.

I also had another steroid injection. He prescribed a pain med to get me through the aftermath of the injection and it helped immensely.

If this injection doesn't take then the next step is a procedure called disc decompression. They go into the disc with a needle like they do for the steroid injection but they use radio frequency to eliminate some of the tissue in the disc to reduce the bulge.

Personally I'm hoping the injection takes. I'm a little nervous about the procedure.

I took the day off of work because I knew sitting for several hours would be excruciating. Later in the day I felt a little better and decided to go pick up my books for classes which start next week. I took Zboy along with me to do the heavy lifting. You'd be amazed at how much college textbooks, even the paperbacks, weigh.

I got myself some new glitter gel pens too. I'm addicted to them and I treat myself to a few new ones every term and I end up sharing with the kids.

I also got a Cruzer mini usb drive. AKA memory stick. It's cool and I'll finally be able to access the stuff I have on floppy disk that I haven't been able to touch since I got the new 'puter. It doesn't have a 3.5 drive but the kids' computer does. Woo-Hoo!